Sunday, April 26, 2009

GACK! (When the Jukebox “Ribbits” Instead of Sings)

You may have noticed a recurring theme of my having a cough and/or chest infection. I wish it were some kind of ploy to excuse crappy singing. It isn't. I am a fantabulous singer regardless of the malady! Just kidding. I did manage to get through two shows this season with said chest infection but Sunday, April 19th finally did me in – or rather I did it in.

Earlier in the week I had planned to cancel but by the middle of the week I was doing much better and the day of I was singing fine. Until I walked onto the stage. Having said that a two-hour show did actually occur and here's what was sung:

Act 1:

Bob Seger – Old Time Rock and Roll (I wore more than underwear)
South Pacific – Wash That Man (Sadly, to me this is always a shampoo commercial)
Dusty Springfield – Son of a Preacher Man (Yup, again)
Frankie Valli – Can't Take My Eyes Off of You (I just have a great memory of three guy friends of mine singing this at the top of a staircase)
Berlin – The Metro (I LOVE TERRI NUNN!!!)
Eric Carmen – Hungry Eyes (This is more fun to sing when you picture the audience as hot dogs...and fill them with fear)
Bon Jovi – Livin' on a Prayer (I was almost half way there...ba dum bum!)
Regina Spektor – Fidelity (First time trying this out and I really liked it)
Journey – Don't Stop Believin' (Never, baby!)
Tosca – Vissi d'arte (Kiddies, if you've got a chest infection don't try this at home!)
Sir Mix-A-Lot – Baby Got Back (Yeah, you know it!)

Act 2:

Björk – Joga (Truly a gorgeous song)
Salt-N-Pepa – Shoop (I think they might have actually wanted The "Shoop Shoop" song)
Coolio – Gangsta's Paradise (Yup, ended up with "Amish Paradise")
Frames – Falling Slowly (Love this song)
Family Guy – Theme Song (Love the show - the song doesn't make much sense)
New Order – Bizarre Love Triangle (Just as long as it's not the Frente! version - ick!)
Helena Vondráčková - Sladké mámení (Will my pain never end?)
Peabo Bryson & Roberta Flack - Tonight, I Celebrate My Love (I would have preferred to have done my Aaron Neville impression)
Aladdin – A Whole New World (Loved the movie at the time - the song, not so much)
Jesus Christ Superstar – I Don't Know How to Love Him (And I didn't...)

Medley:

Bonnie Tyler – Total Eclipse of the Heart
Captain & Tennille – Love Will Keep Us Together
Sesame Street – Theme Song
Whitney Houston – I Will Always Love You
Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Natalie Imbruglia – Torn
Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
Le Nozze di Figaro – Voi, che sapete
Britney Spears – Hit Me, Baby (One More Time)
U2 – With or Without You
Alanis Morrissette – Ironic
Aneta Langerová – Voda živá
Madonna – Like a Virgin
Evita – Don't Cry for Me Argentina
Peaches – Fuck the Pain Away
Children's Song – Hokey Pokey
Weather Girls – It's Raining Men
Bob Dylan – Like a Rolling Stone
Shania Twain – That Don't Impress Me Much
Wham! - Careless Whisper
Cats – Memory
Christmas Song – Frosty the Snowman
Whitney Houston – How Will I Know
American Hi-Fi – Flavor of the Weak
Madonna – Material Girl
Erasure – A Little Respect
Schubert – Ave Maria
Man of La Mancha – The Impossible Dream
Czech Christmas Song - Půjdem spolu do Betléma
Traditional (American) – God Bless America
Christmas Song – The 12 Days of Christmas
Bananarama – Venus
Beatles – Twist and Shout
Tori Amos – 1,000 Oceans
Damien Rice – The Blower's Daughter
Madonna – Like a Prayer
Bush – Glycerine
Annie Lennox – No More “I Love You's”
Cher – Believe
Annie Lennox – Walking on Broken Glass
Styx – Blue Collar Man
Tina Turner – Simply the Best
Tori Amos – Crucify
Tom Petty & Stevie Nicks – Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
Frank Sinatra – New York, New York
Eric Clapton – Tears in Heaven
Alicia Keys – Fallin'
Scorpions – Still Lovin' You
Heart – Alone
Limp Bizkit – Nookie
Salt-N-Pepa – Push It
They Might be Giants – Birdhouse in Your Soul
Dido – Here with Me
Joan Osborne – St. Teresa
Die Walküre – Hojotoho!
Porgy and Bess – Summertime
Traditional (Czech) - Sama královna
Czech Christmas Song – Narodil se Kristus Pan

One more show til end of season!

:-)

No comments: