Monday, October 12, 2009

A SUMMER OF LAZINESS (Can't Skirt Around the Truth)

The fifth season of the Human Jukebox drew to a close in May. I'd like to say that I didn't perform at all and that that is why this blog has been collecting dust. However the truth remains that I was indeed performing but found that I couldn't be arsed to update the blog. Sorry.

I think it's fair to say that you didn't miss anything earth-shattering. Granted, I didn't post about May's show which was utterly earth-shattering but...

I did do a medley as part of a comedy night and it went down as the longest medley ever, knocking my last post out of the water. This one had a whopping 76 songs and took over 20 mins to perform. I had a total blast and regret that I have all my forms scattered somewhere in my apartment and am not sure which songs are from which show. Sigh. I think we can get through this tragedy together though, don't you?-P

I also did an all-Czech show at the famous Na Vlachovce. It was for a private party and the audience thought I was nuts. Yeah, yeah, I know. Anyway, when I say it was a Czech show I mean in dialogue only. The songs on offer were the same as the current list but naturally more Czech ones got picked. I found it to be a really interesting and challenging experience as the audience was comprised of people from way outside of Prague who came for a party and weren't all that enthralled to find that they had to spend a decent portion of their evening deciphering songs for this random American chick to sing for them. Once I started though they cracked up and it was smooth sailing from there. I also found that none of the songs that seem to always get requested at a HJ show were chosen. Rather I ended up doing a lot of metal. I really enjoyed channeling my inner metalhead and the night was a lot of fun. Hopefully there will be more of those to come.

So now here I sit on the eve of the premiere of my sixth season. I can't believe it's really been that long. I have a lot of exciting changes and improvements planned for the coming season and I hope you'll stick around to share them with me!

:-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just want to say that I was present at the longest medley ever and though I am more than familiar with the power of the Human Jukebox I found myself utterly swept off my feet.